[Cja] Brussels climate justice assembly

Ashley Renders renders.ashley at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 09:55:27 UTC 2010

Hey all,

We had a long discussion about this during our last skype meeting.

So far we know that LVC is having a meeting before the assembly and will
probably give a workshop during the assembly itself, they're also finding
the space, but haven't yet become involved in the 'political' aspects of
planning.  FoE Europe and another climate and social justice group in
Belgium are the other groups calling for the assembly.

In terms of "what" it is: the actual content and process of the assembly is
fairly uncertain. Vaguely, there will be a day of workshops, some kind of
demo, a message to leaders at the COP and an attempt to define more clearly
what climate justice is . We talked a bit about how CJA could engage with
the event, but we obviously need more information as it becomes available.
I'm waiting to talk to someone from CJA Belgium about what their role has
been, or will be. I think some information is going to be sent to the list
soon about what their plans are. Overall, it seemed like there was
encouragement for CJA to somehow be present at the assembly, and that this
would make the process 'better.'

In the last skype meeting we agreed to have a meeting in the next 2 weeks
specifically about this and the next CJA meeting.  It would be nice if we
could get a nice sized group together to discuss. And if anyone has more
info, send it through the list?

Ashley