[Cja] CJA Denmark Latin America

Project Allende tony.phillips at laposte.net
Thu Sep 2 13:37:18 UTC 2010

Last year I went to Copenhagen to help out with a group of people I had
never met called CJA. I translated their action booklet to Spanish, I froze
my ass off, I marched, I learned in Klimaforum, I worked with the press
group and I was impressed with my hosts the Danes for their activism (a
shout out to you all).

This year I organized a bus to the andean sunshine of Cochabamba Bolivia
from Buenos Aires (100 hours) with 30 other activists and journalists. I
learned more and I worked with them on diffusion http://cochabamba.org.ar/ .
I met some of the same people there including Tadzio. It was good, not
perfect but good.

Here in Buenos Aires we are putting on a rock / Andean folk music show to
launch the global week of action (midnight 11-12/10/10) - you are all
welcome even online if we get it organized. We will bring climate justice to
the musical masses.

This year the focus turns to Mexico and the Landless movement and the small
farmers (the Via Campesina). We too support them here as they offer a small
chance to turn atmospheric CO2 into soil which we can use to save the planet
and feed ourselves at the same time.

Austerity and homelessness, debt and starvation we have it South too and
worse (ask the in the Pakistanis). This is a global problem but it needs
networks like us/yours. I'm not advocating COP I'm advocating diffusion, I'm
advocating action. Keep it up up there!

Saludos,
Tony Phillips
tony.phillips at laposte.net