[Cja] [climate09-int] Holland CJA / EF! Meeting

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 3 14:45:51 UTC 2010

Thanks for the info

At last night's Coalition of Resistance meeting against Cuts (
www.coalitionofresistance.org.uk ):

Still very early days and our next meeting is on 12th October . i spoke with
John Rhys who is one of the founders about CJA and the need to plant /
protect into the natioanal but also localised "anti" movement the seed of
the new autonomous society and to explore making stronger links with the
international climate justice movement . He was v.positive (about CJA) and
we will keep exploring possibilities of consciously connecting up in the
future, especially if anti-cuts movement becomes overtly European.  There is
a tension in the grouping, as is to be expected  between top down and bottom
up but the campaign is being built upon local groupings that are
spontaneously arising, the need for a national organising process to draw
them together and (an obvious, but nonetheless presumably necessary, danger
area) be the / a leading voice of the campaign but also the desire to join
up in solidarity Europe and/or world wide. The meeting was not
organised particularly horizontally, but the desire for it to have been so
was there and the issue was substantially flagged as needing to be rectified
by the next meeting, which is, incidentally on Oct12th

Mark

--
"We hear men speaking for us of new laws strong and sweet /Yet is there no
man speaketh as we speak in the street.”