[Cja] FoE materials on the IPCC launch

Asad Rehman asad.rehman at foe.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 15:03:16 UTC 2013

Dear Friends

With the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) meeting next week - I thought you might find this FoE EWNI Questions and Answers briefing useful - produced in advance of the report - it explains what the report will cover, what their last report said, and predicts the content of the forthcoming report. http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/briefings/ippc_wg1report_qna.pdf

Here is also a link to a blog that Mike Childs from FoE EWNI has written about the upcoming IPCC 5th assessment report chapter 1
http://www.foe.co.uk/news/ipcc_report_41170.html

and a brief on extreme weather

http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/briefing_notes/extreme_weather_cc.pdf

We are also planning  on producing some additional resources including a video interview with Kevin Anderson (a climate scientist from the Tyndall Institute) and with Nnimmo Bassey (from FoE Nigeria) on the impacts of climate change on Africa and the need for urgent action to stop dirty energy. I will circulate when they are available.

Some additional materials are being generated by our allies in the climate justice movement and I will circulate those as soon as they are available. Feel free to use  if anything is relevant to your plans to respond to the IPCC launch.

Warm regards

Asad

Asad Rehman
Head of Climate and Energy Programme (England, Wales and Northern Ireland)
26-28 Underwood Street, London, N1 7JQ

0207 566 1688 direct line 0207 490 1555 switchboard 0207 566 1715 fax
07956210332 mobile
skype: chilledvibes

asad.rehman at foe.co.uk<mailto:asad.rehman at foe.co.uk>
www.foe.co.uk<http://www.foe.co.uk/>

Friends of the Earth England, Wales and North of Ireland is a member of Friends of the Earth International, the world's largest grassroots environmental network with 77 member groups and 2 million supporters around the world. Our vision is of a peaceful, just and sustainable world based on societies living in harmony with nature.

The Government is making life easy for the fracking companies while sidelining communities.
Ask your MP to protect communities from fracking<https://www.foe.co.uk/campaigns/climate/press_for_change/fail_to_protect_communities_fracking_40963.html?sig>.