[Cja] Climate Justice Alert: Hambacher Forest threatened with eviction!

Philip philip at riseup.net
Fri Aug 24 11:38:24 UTC 2018

Forwarded e-mail:

Von: "Mueller, Tadzio"
Datum: 23. August 2018 12:11:19 MESZ

Dear friends and comrades,

shit is on in the fight against lignite mining in Germany, and for a
energy democracy transition.

Apologies for cross-posting, and please pass this alert on to whatever
lists, social media outlets, phone trees, fax chains, telegraph-
offices you can possibly find. Now is our time to fight, and we need
help!

In solidarity (and not too little rage),

Tadzio

++++++++++++ Climate Justice Alert: Hambacher Forst threatened with
eviction!++++++++++++

The stumbling German energy giant RWE is preparing to deliver its
final blow against the climate justice movement, thus kicking off the
final battle around German lignite: just after a massive killer of a
heat wave, and right when the government-appointed “coal commission”
is debating an end to lignite mining in Germany, RWE is threatening to
evict the occupation of the Hambacher Forest in order to cut down what
remainsof this majestic old growth forest. They've even announced the
dates: it will happen between the 22nd of August and the 22nd of
September. And evicting the occupation is the same as cutting down the
trees of Hambacher Forest! So before the coal commission even reaches
a decision on the future of lignite mining, our enemy RWE wants to
create facts on the ground by destroying one of the major hot spots of
the climate justice movement. But RWE is making a mistake, they're
underestimating the strength and sheer numbers of the climate justice
movement: we can and will create a hell of a shit storm in and beyond
the Hambacher Forest! RWE doesn't have a clue how many people in
Germany and from all over Europe will fight to protect the Forest and
the climate. We say: Ya Basta! No more coal: not a single tree, house
or village for your madness!

This is the situation: while RWE is preparing the eviction -- mapping
the forest, calculating where the next path should be cleared, and
targeting the comrades who have been defending the forest and every
single tree for the last 6 years with ever more repression – we are
preparing a determined defence of one of the most important locations
not just for the climate justice movement, but for social movements in
Europe as a whole! From the climate camp in the Rhineland, and as Ende
Gelände, we are calling to all environmental and climate justice
activists, climate NGOs, frontline communities, trade unionists, faith-
based groups antifascists and anarchists, those fighting against
useless megaprojects and defenders of mother earth, we are calling on
everyone fighting the everyday insanity of capitalism to come and help
us protect the Hambacher Forest, to fight for climate justice.

The campaign Aktion Unterholz, whose 'action consensus' closely
resembles that you know from Ende Gelände, will be on site the day
after the eviction begins, supporting all actions resisting the
clearing – and we all need to support Unterholz. Don* expect the all
around package and come prepared (Unterholz is already madly busy).
Get organised, come to the forest, stand with us!

How you can reach Unterholz:
Website: https://aktion-unterholz.org/
Email: aktion_unterholz at riseup.net
press: presse_unterholz at riseup.net
mobilisation: mobi_unterholz at riseup.net
logistics: infrastruktur_unterholz at riseup.net
finances: finanzen_unterholz at riseup.net
Twitter: use the Hashtags #HambiBleibt #AktionUnterholz #EndCoal
FB: https://www.facebook.com/Aktion-Unterholz-187750488576047/

Should you not be online next week, but rather in Groningen with the
comrades from Code Rood, not to worry: on thursday, 30.8., a meeting
to discuss the defence of the Forest will take place at 2:30 pm in the
EG goes Europe-tent. We cannot yet tell you how Ende Gelände will
respond to this new situation, but will send an update on that out
next week.
donations to Kupo e.V.
IBAN: DE44300501101004781488
BIC: DUSSDEDDXXX
reference: AU
Lots can be done, but most importantly: get organised, and come to the
forest. You can also raise money by throwing solidarity parties or
collecting donations, share stories and news of the struggle on social
media (facebook and twitter), organise action trainings or info
events, donate.... Make use of your networks and contacts to
journalists or organisations that could support us. If you live
somewhere RWE has an office, do by all means stop by there and send us
some pictures. Spread this email as widely as you can.
Not an inch for coal. Ya Basta: they shall not pass!

--
To be added to the group: please email to fkieninger at fweurope.org or marlisgensler at gmail.com
.