[Cja] Invitation to a Climate action workshop weekend in Denmark

dubin dubin at aktivix.org
Sat Jan 20 19:18:46 UTC 2018

As mentioned at the meeting in Amsterdam the Climate Collective is
organizing a workshop weekend 16-18.3, for people interested in getting
new tools and ideas for organizing actions. Feel free to share the
invitation, specially with groups and individuals located in the more
northern part of Europe :)

*Invitation to Climate action workshop weekend*

The Climate Collective is hosting a weekend workshop  at Makvärket
16.-18. of March and you are invited. The aim of the weekend is to share
the experiences of the Climate Collective in organising actions and
campaigns and furthermore to create a space for new collaborations
between different groups and across different geographical locations.

The weekend will focus on civil disobedience actions and direct actions,
such as the Climate Collective’s small group actions in Aabenraa and
Aalborg and mass actions such as Ende Geläende and Code Rood.  During
the weekend we will work in groups on the different elements of  planing
 a concrete action (such as press work, scouting, logistics,
communication etc.), so at the end of the weekend we will have a number
of well prepared examples of action. Thus it won't be a classic action
training, but rather action preparation from start to finish.

The weekend is open to individuals interested in doing climate actions
and possibly starting new climate action groups as well as for existing
groups, interested in getting new tools and ideas for planing effective
actions and campaigns. It is not important that you have organised or
participated in climate actions before, just that you would like to do
so in the future.

We will use the newly launched campaign FREE THE SOIL, which the Climate
Collective is part of, as a base for our work in the weekend. The aim of
this campaign is to highlight the huge role played by industrial
agriculture in the climate crisis. The campaign is working towards
creating a mass action somewhere in Europe in the summer of 2019 against
one of the key players in the industrial agricultural system. We would
therefore also like to use the weekend to share knowledge and develop
ideas and new collaborations regarding this specific campaign. To learn
more about the  campaign visit www.freethesoil.org

Practicalities:
We would like to know how many we are going to be in order to plan the
weekend and to get the right amount of food. So if you want to
participate, please register latest the 9. of March 2018 on
climatecollective at gmail.com.
We have fundraised money for using the space, but there will be some
participation costs to cover food and drinks. If money is a barrier for
your participation then write us and we will try to find a solution
together.
The common language will be English, but group work can be in Danish as
well as English.

About Makvärket:
Makvärket is a cultural and environmental collective in progress: a
growing, self-organised, voluntary community of people working
practically and theoretically for the increasingly necessary cultural,
social, environmental and economic transformation of society. Since 2008
the Makvärket association has been engaged in developing 2,000m2 of the
former Knabstrup Teglværk, an old ceramics factory in Knabstrup, 70km
west of Copenhagen, into a centre for culture and ecology.

About the Climate Collective:
The Climate Collective is a affinity based political collective from
Denmark. We work to confront the underlying causes of the climate crisis
in words and in action. We see our self as part of a bigger global
anticapitalist movement for climate justice.
klimakollektivet.wordpress.com
facebook.com/climatecollective

Information about direct actions carried out by the Climate Collectivein
Aabenraa and Aalborg:
https://klimakollektivet.wordpress.com/aktion-i-aabenraa-2017/
https://klimakollektivet.wordpress.com/blokade-kulkraftvaerk-aalborg-sep-2016/

https://klimakollektivet.wordpress.com/blokade-i-aabenraa-2016/