[Dissent-bristol-info] Publicity - for 9 April..?

auto_gnome at riseup.net auto_gnome at riseup.net
Mon Feb 28 23:59:23 GMT 2005

Hi - there's a little under 6 weeks to go and so far we've done very
little publicity byond word of mouth / liaising with folks doing workshops
/ discussing at monthly meets.

I've been holding off sending info to email lists etc in general, however
I have sent some basic PR stuff to the national dissent list, and also to
the next BSTW e-newsletter. Here's the text of what I sent to BSTW, not
very 'sexy', but how 'sexy' do we wanna be? And how are we progressing
with flyers/posters (and factsheets)?
AG

Bristol G8 Dissent! presents – ‘Info for Action

Saturday 9 April, 10.30am to 5.30pm. Malcolm X Centre, Ashley Rd/City
Road, St Pauls, Bristol BS6. All welcome!

As our daily lives become ever more dominated and controlled by large
corporations and their political representatives in the G8, Bristol G8
Dissent is putting on a day open to all – to share information, exchange
ideas, consider alternatives, and discuss ways we can resist. And we’ll
have a good time too! Entry free/donation.

The day will start & end with general assemblies. In between these will be
3 sessions of workshops/presentations, to be run by individuals and/or
groups mainly based in Bristol. In brief these are:
Session 1, choose from – Our media; alternatives to capitalism here & now;
art resistance; solidarity (acting locally, thinking globally).
Session 2 – Africa debt/poverty; Iraq; Zapatista rebellion; no
borders/asylum seekers.
Session 3 – Climate change; direct action; clown army.

Also provided: cheap drinks, snacks & vegan lunch; kids space (more
details to follow); free info; stalls.

In the evening there will be a benefit social night at The Full Moon,
Stokes Croft, with bands & DJ’s.

For more info about the day please contact Bristol_g8workshops at riseup.net.
To get involved with the Bristol G8 Dissent Group, and in resisting the G8
and their summit in Scotland this July, email
dissentbristol at susbsection.org.uk; write to Box 102, Greenleaf Books, 82
Colston St, Bristol BS1. Or come to the next monthly Dissent meeting, 22
March, 7.30pm, at Kebele, 14 Robertson Rd, Easton BS5. See also
www.dissent.org.uk