[Dissent-fr-info] Village in Strasbourg

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Sun Feb 15 18:33:55 GMT 2009

Statement of the camp-workshop at the international action conference:

We're representing the international protest-village preparation group -
now supported by the whole international action conference.
Very important and concrete decisions concerning the village were made
by the conference this weekend - the main being that there will be only
on international village in Strasbourg. Which of course means that there
will be no village in Kehl.
This is on the one hand a very practical, logistical and financial
decission but the main aspect is the political one: we demand that the
borders stay open before, during and after the summit - that every
single person willing to go to the protests will be able to reach the
village. This is absolutely essential to maintain the international
character of the village - which was underlined by all people and
organisations that were present at the international action conference
this weekend.
Now we can focuss all our energies on building up this single
alternative structure!

Strasbourg, 15.02.09