[Dissent-fr-info] URGENT! The Copenhagen Logistics Group needs your help now!

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Sun Nov 8 14:24:01 GMT 2009

Hey everybody
This is a message we would have preferred to never have to send out.

Today the Copenhagen Municipality excluded from its "Accommodation
meeting" some of the people that have been working for one year now.
All of us, from the Climate Collective, that have been working hard to
create a solid infrastructure for international activists that are
coming to COP15 in December, are not welcome any longer.

We are in these hours releasing a very strong press release and an open
letter to the Municipality, while redirecting our efforts to
"unconventional" methods and to personal contacts with possible areas we
could use (luckily, we had never stopped doing this).

We do also want to prove that their participation numbers are
ridiculously low, therefore we need YOUR HELP!

We have set up an anonymous petition (your name and e-mail will not be
publicly displayed), to show them that there are thousands of people out
there that are either coming to Copenhagen or that in any way strongly
support the possibility of having communal accommodation. We need,
possibly in the next 48 hours, to skyrocket the amount of signatories,
so that we could go out on the press and rise a mess.
We ask you to please sign this petition as soon as possible (why not
now?) and to circulate this e-mail among your lists and personal contacts.

The address is *www.petitiononline.com/cop15cph/petition.html
<http://www.petitiononline.com/cop15cph/petition.html>

*After today, the state of the art is that:

1. We're not going to be invited to ANY meetings with Ministry of
foreign affairs, PCA and the municipality.
2. They're not listening concerning the number of participants and
therefore the following logistical problems. Their personal
accommodation goal is at the moment 1500 people
3. They're doing the "good and bad activists division", and they're only
going to work to get accommodation for the "good activists". Actively,
building a "good activists" database to exclude people from
accommodation (and quite possibly borders too).
4. PCA is working very hard to take over this whole accommodation process
5. PCA has revoked the a lot of money promised to different
organizations from the PCA fund, instead using these money to hire a
person working to create accommodation primarily for their NGOs

We are sure you will understand the importance of this one, and that you
will support us in any possible way. It would be a great help, if you
would write us an e-mail on behalf of yourself, your collective, network
or NGO and express your needs and frustration with being excluded. We
will be collecting all these messages and we'll physically hand them
over to the Municipality and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can
write us at logistics.cop15 at gmail.com <mailto:logistics.cop15 at gmail.com>

Also, please don't panic. One way or another, you'll have a warm place
to sleep in while in Copenhagen!

In solidarity, with love and rage
The Climate Collective Logistics Group
Copenhagen

PS Sorry for cross posting, especially to the CPH people