[Dissent-fr-info] EVERYBODY TO CALAIS November 28th and 29th!

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Thu Oct 8 22:25:47 BST 2009

EVERYBODY TO CALAIS  November 28th and 29th!

LET'S CROSS THE CHANNEL!

The State is sinking!

In 2002, Sarkozy closed a hangar. In 2009, Besson tackles the

wastelands (jungles!) On September 22nd, Besson played the big guy in
Calais.

 In line with Sarkozy, the minister of national identity and immigration
can say

he does what he says.

But what did he do? He sent hundreds of cops to round the refugees up on
wasteland

 (the jungles), most having fled the war made

by Western powers in Afghanistan, Iraq ... No need to be a

medium to know that the situation will not change. The refugees still
want, the
vast

majority to live in Great Britain: they want to cross the border !

What he did is physically assaulting people (refugees, support activists
 ...),
created a

climate of terror. But ... the

Refugees will not evaporate. Once the storm passes, the cops reinforcements

have left, they will return or they have already gone to other places on the
coast, or even

gone as far as Belgium or Holland.

What he has done, this is just posturing for the media to say that the
state is
there.

The government action came after a careful preparation of the population

in Calais. For example, the prefecture of Pas de Calais destroyed the
water taps
, thus

preventing the refugees from having access to this vital resource! The
hope of the

prefecture was obviously to force them to go into the gardens of houses
in order
to quench

their thirst ...

The goal was obviously that Calaisians  come themselves en masse to
demand the

repression of refugees, or to help the Cops to do it.

Besson justifies his posturing in the media as the hunt for smugglers.

Without doubt people are probably taking advantage of the situation
created by the

 State and the European Community. The best way to fight against
trafficking in

human beings and to ensure  that the material conditions of that trade
no longer
exist;

said another way, by closing the border states of the European Community
create the

 conditions for the general benefit of smugglers.

Besson is a liar. We know that, but it is beyond comprehension. Why

did many refugees not seek political asylum in France?

If they ask asylum here, they are at high risk of being deported to a
country in
the sphere

 of the Dublin agreements. Clearly, they would be sent back to the
country they
have been

checked in for the first time and very often that means to Greece!

We can never prevent people from wanting to live where they

wish. We can never prevent people from wanting to immigrate. Confirming

the contrary, is to affirm that there is trafficking in human beings,
affirming
that there are

 people who drown while trying to cross the oceans clandestinely ...

Justifying the closure of borders to protect our social rights is

also a lie. In France the borders have been officially closed since

1974. This has not prevented governments since from attacking our social
acquisitions.

The rationale has been used to make scapegoats and to fuel racist
ideology to
satisfy

reactionary currents.

The only realistic response to resolve the issue of asylum seekers, the

refugees and the undocumented, especially in the Calais, is to open

the borders and to let the people live where they wish, whatever their
reasons.

It is important that we return to Calais to tell Besson, Hortefeux, Sarkozy

that their batons, their cops did not stop us. That everyone will move and
settle freely,

that all people should always be received worthily. That we are sick
that there
is always

 enough money for repression, beatings, deportations, but there never
there is
never for

the respect of human dignity!

Sunday, November 29 we will ALL catch the FERRY TOGETHER:

* TO CROSS THE BORDER

* TO MEET ALL THOSE WHO HAD THE CHANCE OF THE CROSSING

AND ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORT THEM

INTERNATIONAL SOLIDARITY

THE DISAPPEARANCE OF DETENTION PRISONS

FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT AND SETTLEMENT

THE OPENING OF BORDERS

PAPERS FOR ALL

NO IMMIGRATION QUOTAS NOR SELECTED IMMIGRATION

LET'S CROSS THE CHANNEL TOGETHER

06 20 91 20 44

06 31 56 17 56

06 89 48 76 92