[Dissent-fr-info] October 8th: International Night of Action Against Capitalism + oct 12 Global day of action for climate justice + 0ct 16 uk

Dissent! France Info Newsletter dissent-fr-info at lists.aktivix.org
Mon Oct 4 14:13:44 UTC 2010

Call for an International Night of Action Against Capitalism on October
8, 2010.

The street is a space that we create together, a space that has become
fragmented by private property and the flow of capital. Because the flow of
capital needs this space to function, this is the ground on which it is most
vulnerable. The idea of real public space has been robbed from the people.
This space needs to be defended and united against the forces of oppression
and capitalist concepts of production. We assert that this space must be
retaken! It is ours to take, we are the public, and this is public space.
When we ask “whose streets?” it is most important that we answer for
ourselves “our streets!” because they are ours to define, and we, not the
police, set the stage for them to function.

On the night of October 8th the International Monetary Fund and World Bank
delegates will be in Washington DC meeting with their corporate cronies. On
this night they will be wining and dining in some of the most lavish hotels
in the world, planning how to facilitate the enclosure and sale of the
worlds streets to the highest bidder. It is in the streets that we propose
this be challenged. The IMF Resistance Network is calling for an
international night of action against capitalism to reclaim our streets and
our lives. From the streets of DC to streets around the world we will
assert that all streets belong to the people. The time for negotiation has
ended. All our pleas have fallen on deaf ears. It has become clear that we
cannot ask trade ministers and capitalists to not function as trade
ministers and capitalists. This is not about dialogue, this is a fight to
retake our lives, and this is a fight that tolerates no compromise.

On October 8th we will begin to retake our streets and our lives. The time
to ask is over, we need to retake our spaces, to reclaim our streets, to
assert that we are the ones that create this space, and our creation will
not be sold out from under us.

Love and rage,
The IMF Resistance Network

Action Details For Washington DC

In Washington, DC we are calling for a night march on the IMF as well as
autonomous actions across the city. Our desire is to make sure that both
tactics will complement each other.

The march will be leaving from 16th and Harvard streets at 10:30PM.

We encourage those that may engage in autonomous actions to have medical
support. To contact medics please email medics [AT] imfresistance|DOT|org.

We are also encouraging those that may be planning public actions on the
night of October 8th to get in contact with the IMF Resistance Network by
emailing contact[AT]imfresistance|DOT|org so we can network actions
globally.
All announced actions will appear on the schedule on the Solidarity
section of the website.

___

  Global day of action for climate justice
  <http://www.climate-justice-action.org/news/2010/08/09/global-day-of-action-for-climate-justice-2/>

Posted on 9th August 2010
October 12, 2010

  Global Day of Action
  <http://www.climate-justice-action.org/news/2010/08/09/news/2010/06/16/global-day-of-action-for-climate-justice/>

    On October 12, 2010: Change the system, not the climate!

    Call for a global day of direct action for climate justice

The disaster that was the climate summit in Copenhagen highlighted one
thing above all: That we cannot expect UN-negotiations to solve the
climate crisis for us. Governments and corporations are unable (even if
they were willing) to deliver real climate justice. Only powerful,
global climate justice movements can achieve the structural changes that
are necessary, whether it is ending our addiction to fossil fuels,
replacing industrial agriculture with local systems of food sovereignty,
halting systems based on endless growth and consumption, or addressing
the historical responsibility of the global elites’ massive ecological
debt to the global exploited.

The Latin American network ‘Global Minga’ called for an annual day of
action in defence of mother earth on October 12, reclaiming the day that
used to be imposed as ‘Columbus Day’. Responding to this call, and the
demand for a day of action for ‘system change, not climate change’ made
in Copenhagen by global movements, Climate Justice Action is proposing a
day of direct action for climate justice on October 12, 2010.

We invite all those who fight for social and ecological justice to
organise direct actions targeting climate criminals and false solutions,
or creating real alternatives. This is an open callout, we are not
picking targets. But it is not a day for marches or petitions: it is
time for us to reclaim our power, and take control of our lives and futures.

To get involved please email info at climate-justice-action.org
<mailto:info at climate-justice-action.org>
++++

Oct 16 crude awakening uk   http://www.crudeawakening.org.uk/

To subscribe/ unsubscribe, change your address on the list etc. you can
find help at: http://help.riseup.net/lists/subscribers.
To defintely unsubscribe write an email to
g8-int-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net
If you have no success, write to g8-int-admin at lists.riseup.net
<mailto:g8-int-admin at lists.riseup.net>