[dissent-tech] Website changes

Red Fox Dancing redfoxdancing at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 14:22:22 BST 2004

Hi all
Some changes have been made to the website, please let me know what you think.

Some changes in how the network, works has also happened. the web group decides what goes up in content and style, members from dissent groups also publish their work. but it is up to us to allow and make room for content, bear in mind that in 6 weeks the G8 2004 is on so there will be stacks of news to go on.

obviously anyone objecting to content /images etc. we alter remove. but it is better than us waiting for the content/images and the like.

One request was that the website was to corporate and I have changed the template from the requests at the Manchester gathering. people also commented that information such as working groups was to hidden away and that they use the enrager website as it has far more info on it and easier to find stuff, so I will simplify the menu and have added further menu to the right of the main page.

Security:
in less than a year the website is likely to be come HOT not only with traffic but also police interest and they might try to shut it down so we need to set up mirrors and backup websites. also possibility of WAP information may be necessary