[dissent-tech] new WYSIWYG editor on dissent site

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Mon Aug 16 16:40:06 BST 2004

I have enabled a new WYSIWYG editor on dissent web site. HTMLArea3

Just go to add a new page in admin interface and it loads to give lots
of buttons above the form that give it look of word processor.

It works in Mozilla as well as MSIE. It blows me away with options.

The drop down menu of css styles is great, if we add some to stylesheet.

Hovering mouse over button gives more detail about what it does.

one can choose link doc from dropdown listing of files in docmanager
when creating link as well as entering raw.
I have yet to test fully.

But 'enlarge editor' seems to reset text so only use on new entry.

The clean up msword html output does not seem to do much, leaving lost
of redundant mso classes in. Maybe it only works on stuff when just
pasted in with all intact, or just cleans up a little bit.

One can toggle to just edit raw html, or you could just turn off
javascript which you may want to do on low spec pc, to  prevent loading.

Any problems with please report here.

I note there are still several 'unpublished' texts in past mobilisations
section only viewable by editors. Is that how they are meant to be. Till
more/all added?

I enabled the weather module (bottom right) as a bit of  gimmick which
is taking data  from Luchers Air force base in fife as closest I could
find from all the weather stations. In fact this is where the US
president may come in.

cheers,

Space Bunny
http://j12.org/sb/web.htm