static html page file upload was: Re: [dissent-tech] bland aid needed

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Wed Dec 8 12:08:54 GMT 2004

maria wrote:

>ey speizbunny and chums. need to edit the blandaid website. how do we
>get into the server????

This site is separate from the main site (using the Mambo database
driven Content Management System).

One uploads the html file to the server file space.

This is down using secure file transfer protocol (sftp)

I understand you use Dreamweaver.

latest version Dreamweaver MX supports sftp as tick box option in file
upload/site manager within it.

Note I will not give support for use of proprietary software such as
Dreamweaver as to do further enslaves users of it to control of
developers, well those that control the developers, ie capital.

I support the use of free (as in freedom) software such as for web
design NVU ( http://www.nvu.com)

And sftp or scp

Filezilla: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/
WinSCP: http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/

I tend often to have on me cdroms with this and other software. So if
you see me do ask me for one.

The server name is any domain name pointing to the server eg
blandaid.dissent.org.uk

the login account name is lessons

the password was send before to uno mass and I believe you have it.
If you need me to reset it then let me know.

Any file put in directory

public_html

display via:

http://www.blandaid.dissent.org.uk/
http://blandaid.dissent.org.uk/
http://www.bandaid.dissent.org.uk/
http://bandaid.dissent.org.uk/

note it seems there  are limited number of sub domain I can set up with
control panel for dissent.org.uk
so pick one of above to plug site with and stick with it, but while
spare will keep all as above pointing to site.

Since the future of the server which now hosts this site and
dissent.org.uk is uncertain I suggest maybe trying to find new hosting,
the domain can then be re pointed. But the pages can be hosted as longer
as Hi Rise server in operation.

Note I was waiting for reply form someone (in know tech collective) who
had been told may offer hosting for main dissent site, but not heard
back from them, so will go back to plan before which was to temp move to
hosting on another server before moving to possible new aktivix hosting.

Also
http://de.dissent.org.uk/
now points to German language website (on another server), which use
same CMS Mambo as dissent.org.uk

cheers,

Space Bunny

http://j12.org/sb/