[dissent-tech] list / attachments / onto site

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Thu Jul 8 19:03:10 BST 2004

This list was moved to a new server at end of last week as you may see
from revised footer on each list email. Although the list admin was
informed I did not find out till I tried the link on the webpage at
Dissent gathering, showing someone how to contact us, where I panicked.
I have now updated those links to reflect change. Please update
elsewhere where needed. The email address is redirecting.

I gained list admin access myself and I think it is now set up to in
addition to the stripping attachment before going to list to forward
messages with the attachments to list owner ie me and steve. Steve if
you don't want to get these then change this setting back or take
yourself of admin and let me know.

As I said at Bradford Dissent Network meeting anyone who came to the
gathering especially from working groups should sign up on website as
user  and let us know and after verifying you are involved we will up
your privileges on the site so you can add docs to doc manager and
images to gallery as well as text articles. (not for some things or need
to re enter login details on admin page
http://www.dissent.org.uk/administrator/  as well as login module in
left hand column). This means people are not reliant on us to get stuff
onto site and saves up having to look all over for it. Do not share
accounts as you will be held responsible for all actions done under that
login.

We will also still be up for putting stuff on site for people not able
to deal with doing it direct. Red Fox has said he will do this for some
one with some artwork arranged at meeting. Keir if you want to just
email your pdf of callouts etc. you can if you want or try with doc
manager on the site. I have heard people are sometimes having problems
with passwords not being sent out when they sign up. I was aware of an
itermitent problem where server can't look up host names for short
periods of time. But also mail accounts can bounce it back  if full or
mistyped emails. If you still can recover password at:
http://dissent.org.uk/index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword
then get in touch from email address you are registered with and your
login name (or desired login name) and ask us to reset password for you.

We in this web working group will still manage the main presentation of
the website subject to feedback. We should be bold but bear in mine
defuse nature of network. We should pay attention to what people are
presented with on front page. The overall balance of the website. If
anyone wants to do icons to replace one that came default eg links page
and for categories setup then put yourself forward. Maybe something
cartoonie. I am not sure if they have to be same square size as at
moment I can check.

I set template chooser module on the site and I may work on a new
template (g1) , it is pretty raw at moment missing many of css classes
need, but something to build on.

btw here is atable of some of hooks to dynamic elements that one puts in
a template for the mambo site:
http://www.j12.org/sb/mamhooks.htm

Any movement of developing this by me will be quite slow as I am spread
very thinly between projects.

I can often be found via Internet Relay Chat

irc://irc.indymedia.org #uk

via web interface with java applet:

http://chat.indymedia.org/?chans=uk,tech&nick=Dissent-Guest

Also I gave anyone at meeting who wanted them more of my contact details
but these should not be spread around without consulting me.

cheers,

Space Bunny
http://j12.org/sb/