[dissent-tech] web changes

Jonathan Oppenheim J.Oppenheim at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 9 12:09:50 BST 2005

I agree with Mr. Revolting, on all points, the wishlist is just where
it is due to running out of time.  And sending texts is helpful,
as long as there is someone willing to upload them and add in links.
This i think is a real killer, as there are too few people doing this,
and mostly people already doing too many things.

The "Get involved" text that revolting suggested could also include
some stuff about the elist and announce list.
I am pretty well out of commission this week, so sorry to also
be on the unhelpful side...

I would just add that what would improve the site a lot is if
the first item at the top of the news section was something funky, and
graphic, with links to the international sites so that people looking for
the .de or .fr could get there quickly.  It could even include some
of the "get involved text".  The admins would then have to make sure
that it was always the top item of approved news, which might be a pain.

it seems the problem with this happening is just that everyone keeps
saying this, but no one does it.  Yet both the S.E. forum and tenpounds
have funky sites, so we do have the skills within.

Both the resources section and the intro to g8 section also need some
more text and work.  I think it would be good to have a brief g8 faq which
dispels a lot of the PR fluff that blair is putting out.  I think this
needs to be the very first point we address.

Finally, the media section needs some work, eg. links to groups which
can comment on specific issues (eg rising tide), etc. and links to
a nice g8 faq.  There is some text for this floating around, and i
can send it to anyone who has some time to put it up.

sorry to also be unhelpful, and feel free to tell me to jump.

xoj