[DurhamDivest] USS invests in fossil fuels

Charlotte Lee charlie3_3 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 17:07:58 UTC 2016

I thought people might be interested in this: USS, the universities pensions scheme, invests in fossil fuels and there's a petition to get them to divest (with very few signatures at the moment), people can opt out of the scheme as well (if you work for a university) which is what I'll be doing.

Apologies if there's already been an email about this to the list or if you've already heard about this. If you know more about this or have some more up-to-date info on this please let me know or reply to the list.

https://campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/university-staff-for-fossil-fuel-divestment

[http://assets.platform.controlshiftlabs.com/petitions/images/29380/large/Oxford-Fossil-Free-Future-009.imdex264172.jpg?1472018385]<https://campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/university-staff-for-fossil-fuel-divestment>

Universities Superannuation Scheme Divest from Fossil ...<https://campaigns.gofossilfree.org/petitions/university-staff-for-fossil-fuel-divestment>
campaigns.gofossilfree.org
As university staff we call on Universities Superannuation Scheme divest their £40billion pension fund from the top 200 companies involved in the exploration ...