[DurhamDivest] Divest is best and CCS failed

Susan Wesley swesley at phonecoop.coop
Fri Sep 1 08:46:30 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone

Good news from People and Planet.

"Today People & Planet and NUS announced that over a third of UK
universities have made fossil free commitments, as nine new unis
committed to never invest in fossil fuels!

We think its time to celebrate!

The new commitments came from Canterbury Christ Church University,
University of Chester, University for the Creative Arts, University of
Cumbria, Newman University, Glyndŵr University, York St John University,
Writtle University College and the University of Winchester.

Vice-Chancellors at these institution have made a public commitment to
never invest in the fossil fuel industry by signing a Fossil Free
Declaration."

Durham University take note.

*It’s time to accept carbon capture has failed – here’s what we should
do instead *

https://theconversation.com/its-time-to-accept-carbon-capture-has-failed-heres-what-we-should-do-instead-82929

This is what our German friends are doing for us.

*Thousands of climate activists face police brutality in Germany
*

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/climate-change-activists-germany-police-cologne-brutality-pepper-spray-global-warming-a7922656.html

Many thanks

Susan