[DurhamDivest] This is what Cardiff People and Planet are doing to get their university to divest

Susan Wesley swesley at phonecoop.coop
Mon Mar 12 13:12:05 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone

This is what Cardiff People and Planet are doing to get their university
to divest.

"Here in Cardiff, we've got our hands full with the escalation of our
Fossil Free Campaign. On the 19th and 20th March, our University's
Council will meet and make a decision on divestment.

It's looking very likely that they're going to introduce a tokenistic
change to their investment policy which they'll use to claim partial
divestment. However, in practice, it will not affect a SINGLE ONE of
their fossil fuel investments.

At P&P Cardiff we're pretty pissed off about this! That's why we carried
out a sit-in in front of our Vice-Chancellor's office and spray chalked
the main entrance hall of our University last Tuesday.

Now, we see no other alternative but to go on a hunger strike from the
9th March until the University commits to full divestment within the
next three years."

Enjoy your day

Susan