[ENS] George Fox 6 in Court: 26th September 8.45am (fwd)

Josh Robinson jmr59 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 15 12:11:11 BST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:55:32 +0000
From: georgefox6 at linuxmail.org
To: georgefox6 at linuxmail.org
Subject: George Fox 6 in Court: 26th September 8.45am

  The George Fox Six are on trial from the 26th September!

Join them at court on Monday to show solidarity and support Free Speech
and "Education not Exploitation"!

Lots of people have said they'd like to come to Lancaster to support the
six when they're on trial for handing out leaflets in a privatisation
conference at their own university. The six are really pleased with the
amount of support they are receiving, and would like to say thankyou, and
to invite people to come and join them outside the court on the first day
of the trial.

As one of the six said: "we would like as many people as possible to come
and display their solidarity, not just with those being prosecuted, but
with the belief in the right to protest and freedom of speech, and against
the oppressive behaviour of the uni and the police.

"Sadly, the majority of those reasponsible for criminalising this peaceful
protest will not be there. They will be hiding away. But we can show that
we oppose their actions, and that we will not allow ourselves to be
intimidated by their attempts to silence us."

For those coming from outside Lancaster we can arrange accomodation
(please drop us a line as soon as you know you are coming).

DETAILS:

Please come to Lancaster Magistrates Court (Thurnham St. - opposite the
police station in the centre of Lancaster) at 8.45 on Monday 26th
September.  The trial is scheduled to run for three days, and you are
welcome to join us for the whole time if you wish.

A map showing where the court is situated is here:
http://multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=348000&Y=461500&width=500&height=300&gride=347887&gridn=461467&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=LA11XZ&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=1&scale=5000
(or search for postcode  LA1 1XZ at www.multimap.co.uk)

Let us know if you need accomodation!

http://www.free-webspace.biz/GeorgeFox/
Sign the Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/gfox6/