[ENS] protest for a living wage for hospitality workers, london, tomorrow

sacha at workersliberty.org sacha at workersliberty.org
Mon Sep 26 17:35:34 BST 2005

All, GMB, TGWU Hotel & Catering Branches and SERTUC are organising a
protest on the 27th September against low pay rate in Hospitality sector
and for "Living Wage" for Chefs, Waiters & Bar Staff, House keepers &
restaurant staff in London.

Other support include "London Citizen" and No Sweat campaign.

We will start in Convent Garden at 10.30, the heart land of restaurant
trade and 12.30 Park Lane Hotels Hyde Park including Kensington area
Hotels approx. 15.00

The theme will around Mayor Ken Livingstone's minimum pay rate of £6.70
for London workers.

We will be grateful for your support, as this will be on going campaign,
that will also target fast food chains and restaurants and pubs and
clubs,  where in some place they still pay less then minimum pay.

We will have workers in uniform for press coverage. Please support the
events by turning out.

Bring you union banners in support. Student support most welcome.

Look forward to meeting you there.

E-mail me for further details if required.

Thank you.

Best Regards

RAJ

GMB Branch Secretary