[ENS] Conferences & Gatherings

Tom Dale tom.e.dale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 23:44:15 BST 2005

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update so you know what's going on with ENS.  Education
Not for Sale is a growing network of student activists committed to
reinvigorating the popular struggle for free education and to working
openly, independently and democratically within the NUS.   This list
will be used to keep everyone up to date with what our network is
working on, as well as news from campaigns that ENS members are
involved with - Bert's recent report from Colombia for example.

You can find a report here of the first ENS conference:
http://www.free-education.org.uk/conference.shtml

You can see that the assembly appointed 7 people to a steering group -
which will convene a gathering in a couple of months time and approve
motions to NUS's executive committee.  These are: Bertie Russell
(Leeds); Laura Schwartz (UEL); Daniel Randall (ENS's NUS NEC member);
Joe Rooney (WMANUS); Louise Gold; Tom Dale (Oxford) and Josh Robinson
(Cambridge).

If you want to get in touch with us, you can always e-mail:
education_is_not_for_sale at hotmail.com.

And if you'd like to come to a meeting of the steering group (all
welcome!) then on Monday 1st October, at 7.30pm we'll be in the London
Action Resource Centre, near Aldgate East tube.

Solidarity.

Tom