[ENS] NUS is just around the corner...

Heather Shaw centre_stage_red at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 22 23:48:52 GMT 2009

Heya chumrades,

As you will already be aware, NUS annual conference is less than two weeks away! Ideally we would have liked to have another meeting beforehand but with the demo etc we kinda fell behind. Hardly the end of the world, BUT Ed M and I were in London this weekend so we got together for half an hour and chatted about what we needed to get sorted for the conference. We think that we should produce our usual 8 page ENS Zine to give out to delegates so at least they have one decent thing to read on conference floor and seeing as this is probably the last NUS Conf EVER we came up with some ideas for a really ace edition. Below is a list of the articles we think it'd be good to include and the people we think it'd be good to have pen them, if there is anything else you'd like to write for the zine then please let me know asap. If you see your name here can you let me know that you are happy to write the article? They only have to be short - less than 500 words
 should do it...

Front article about NUS failure - Ed
Hull elections - Left win at right wing uni - Chris M
Student Nurses - Stuart J
French Student Strikes - Catherine Ayme
25 Years since the Miner's Strike: Student involvement - Sacha I
Forthcoming rail strikes - Becky C
Young Workers & Internships - Steve W
Israeli Refuser Tour - Heather S
Gaza Occupations - Kath M
Building a new federation - Koos
NOLS/SBL sell outs on campus activism - Gemma S
Free Education Demo - Lloyd
Why we're supporting SWP/AEIP candidates - Sacha
Motions - Heather S
Salford Uni job cuts - Alex H

If people are willing to write these then let me know, if you need any help just call, email or text me (07969597251) and we really need these in by Thursday night at the latest so we can lay it all up by the weekend ready to print.

Cheers guys xxxxxxx

"Years ago I recognised my kinship with living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free"
Eugene Debs, US Presidential Candidate 1920

www.redheff.livejournal.com