[g8-sheffield] SHEFFIELD STOP THE WAR COALITION UPDATE 21/04/05

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Fri Apr 22 11:29:52 BST 2005

Hello it seems i will have to buy the fing star right wing rag at it,s best..
however there is info on g8 we need to be updated on etc.. as predicted there
haveing all there events round tuder sq.. this means thay can simply cut of the
area.. as there is a hotel that leads from the back door of the lyciam.. it all
works.. there haveing what ever in the winter gardens read on... seems the swp
or is that there front of the anti war colation have there planes a little more
organised than us.. i feel let them demo.. we stick with convergance.. counter
confrance.. other actions..

mozaz..
SHEFFIELD STOP THE WAR COALITION UPDATE 21/04/05

1/ DEMONSTRATION 11th JUNE - G8 JUSTICE & INTERIOR MINISTERS MEETING
2/ PETITION LAUNCH
3/ PROTESTS AT G8 MINISTERS BANQUET
4/ PRE-PROTESTS RALLY
5/ APPEAL FROM STOP THE WAR COALTION
6/ NEXT MEETING

1/ DEMONSTRATION 11th JUNE
Sheffield Stop the War Coalition have called for a mass united demonstration on
Saturday 11th June. So far, this demonstration has the support of Sheffield
Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Sheffield Muslim Association of Britain,
Sheffield CND amongst others.

The demonstration will assemble at 10.30am on the Saturday. The route has yet to
be confirmed. At last night's Stop the War Coalition meeting it was agreed that
whatever the route around town, the demonstration will march to Peace in Park
(now in its 3rd year) at Cemetry Road.

For more information on Peace in the Park visit www.peaceinthepark2005.co.uk or
contact Alex on 07980 562 101.

Sheffield Stop the War Coalition is now in the process of inviting local and
national campaign groups to join the demonstration.

If you would like to help in any way with organising / buliding the protests
call Stop the War on 07761 471 441.

Leaflets for the events around the G8 summit are in the process of being
produced - we will email out as soon as they are ready.

2/ PETITION LAUNCH
Sheffield Stop the War Coalition is due to launch a petition to say that the G8
summit is not welcome in Sheffield.

3/ PROTESTS AT G8 MINISTERS BANQUET
Following todays news in the Sheffield Star that the G8 ministers will be dining
at the Winter Gardens on June 15th and Cutlers Hall on June 16th, Sheffield
Stop the War Coalition has called for protests on both evenings.

A spokesperson for Sheffield Stop the War Coalition said, 'It is sickening that
it has been revealed that child malnutrition has doubled from 4%-8% in Iraq
since the invasion- whilst these ministers will be banqueting in splendour, we
intend not to let them forget what they have done.'

4/ PRE-PROTEST RALLY
Sheffield Stop the War Coalition will be hosting a rally with local & national
speakers prior to the protests, to inform people what is going on and why
people should protest - details will follow.

5/ STOP THE WAR APPEAL
Tony Benn has launched an appeal for funds to the Stop the War Coalition
nationally, at Sheffield Stop the War's meeting on Wednesday night it was
agreed to donate £100 to the appeal from our local funds. For more information
on how you can donate visit www.stopwar.org.uk

6/ NEXT MEETING
The next meeting of Sheffield Stop the War Coalition will be 7.30pm, Wednesday
May 11th at the Victoria Halls, opposite the Crucible. We will be making
further plans for the demonstrations etc.

If you can help - please get in touch.

All for now,
Angela Shann
on behalf of Sheffield Stop the War Coalition.