[g8-sheffield] sorry for butting in

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Mon Apr 25 17:05:50 BST 2005

Hia Harriet,

Good to hear from you!  Sorry no-one replied til now - an unfortunate
downside of us all being autonomist lefties with no hierarchical
structures!  You say you don't know much about politics, but want to
help out.  I think that goes for the rest of us too!

So your help certainly would be appreciated!  And apologies for all the
exclamation marks,  I don't know what's got into me!

Either just keep on readin these e-mails and look out for meeting dates
to come along to / things that take your fancy, or I'm sure someone'll
keep you in mind if a specific task comes up.  (And tasks certainly will
start to appear as June approaches...! Exclamation mark!)

peace n hippy things,

Dan

p.s. I'll let others throw in what their angle on the whole G8 / War on
Terror is, but there's a lot of very thoughtful articles and stuff to
read at www.opendemocracy.net - the conflicts link has a lot of good
stuff on terrrorism, democracy and loss of liberties.  I personally
prefer this kind of stuff coz it's more thoughtful than 'capitalism is
the root of everything bad and anyway 9/11 was a CIA plot', which really
annoys me!  Perhaps others could post their favourite approaches / links
to stuff as to why they're anti-G8...?

(So - non-hierarchical and diverse, but basically going in the same
direction, I think...)
----