[g8-sheffield] Faslane G8 workshop at Sheffield Counter Conference

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Wed Jun 1 19:55:52 BST 2005

Hi

On Wed 01-Jun-2005 at 06:43:56PM +0100, David Heller
wrote:

> Do you think there would be space on the programme of
> the Sheffield Counter Conference for a workshop about
> the anti-nuclear/anti-militarist action that takes place
> at Faslane nuclear submarine base just before the
> (Gleneagles) G8 summit, on 4th July?  There is more info
> on the action at http://www.faslaneg8.com/

I don't see why not :-)

> We're still discussing (with the people organising the
> action) what we could offer, but I thought it would be
> good to check how much time you think there might be for
> us. I think it would be nice to have space for a
> discussion of the issues behind the action (the links
> between militarism and globalisation) as well as
> promoting the action itself.
>
> If you let me know what time/space/rough numbers of
> participants we could expect I can bring that into the
> discussion.

Take a look at the timetable and feel free to add your
workshop, Thursday morning and Friday looks like they is
space, I'm not sure exactly what spaces will be avaliable
when though and I have no idea about the numbers...

  http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/CounterConference

Perhaps others will be able to fill in the gaps...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World