[g8-sheffield] Radio show - questions for Liberty and Amnesty

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Jun 14 14:37:23 BST 2005

Hia,

Just been on the phone to Liberty and Amnesty press offices - they were
both well up for doing a phone-in on Thursday's 12 to 1 radio slot.  We
should know for defo by tomorrow PM.  Questions -

1. Does anyone (Chip?) know how to work a phone-in!? I understand that
we can do it, but I've no idea how.  So many buttons and slidey things...
2. Amnesty will probably be talking about torture, and liberty about
terror laws and oppression of protest (possibly Mike McColgan, but
possibly someone else.)  Any questions people want to ask about these
two, send em to the list.

I've said they'll do about 5 minutes each.  The other alternative is to
sort out a conference call and get em talking to each other, but that
might just make things stupidly complicated!

3. We're probably going to have to meet actually some time before the
show on Thursday to plan the hour.  Last-minute is always so much fun.
I'll let you know when / where.
4. Other ideas on content?  There's obviously plugging Rice for Dinner
and the G8 in Scotland.  I also might record some little ditties on
Wednesday night, if anyone wants to do some of that.  Let me know.

p.s. I hope someone else is good at actually talking on the Radio, coz
I'm not bloody well doing it!  (Yes - I'm a coward.  Sue me.)
p.p.s. Can we record the show so's that it can be uploaded to Indymedia?
p.p.p.s. I hate people who do that stupid p.p.p.p.p.s thing...

love

Dan