[g8-sheffield] Thursday building brainstorm...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Jun 22 00:50:31 BST 2005

Hey folks n Ben

Great reply - cool!  I've spoken to plenty of people who understand your
spirit, commitment and that you have 'integrity in buckets'.  (That's a
direct quote, won't tell you who from!)  As I said before, it's easy to
misplace a word, and yeah - that's something in leftie e-mailing circles
that has to be carefully watched.  Self-censorship, eh?  Tsk...

Anyway: Thursday, 7.30 at Matilda: brainstorming on what practical
issues come from trying to run a building of that size.  Mapping rooms,
thinking about doors n keys n rotas n whatever else. (Mapping rooms
means only knowing what space there is - not making decisions on how
it's used.)

Some people were worried about this - that we'd be making decisions.
No.  (Nobody ever trusts me! It's something I think I have a complex
about now: that everyone thinks I'm a secret Stalinist!)

I didn't say this before, but I suggested the meeting coz I've worked
for a property company (still do in fact) and I know the amount of work
that has to go into making a building work if people are to use it.

So those that can, see ya on Thursday at 7.30.

love n secret desire to dominate all life on earth (doh! internal dialogue!)

Dan
----