[g8-sheffield] Anarchist/Anti-Authoritarian Assembly G8 - Scotland Invite

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Wed Jun 22 14:56:50 BST 2005

Hi everyone, just for your informationl, if you have't seen it
already.

Joe
INVITATION TO THE ANARCHIST/ANTI-AUTHORITARIAN
ASSEMBLY:
JULY 3RD, EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND.

 >From 6th - 8th July 2005, the G8 will attempt to hold
their annual
summit at the luxurious Gleneagles resort in Scotland.
As with
every recent meeting of the rich and powerful,
thousands of people
will take to the streets in resistance.

We - a collection of UK-based anarchists and
anti-authoritarians -
seek to encourage anarchists and other malcontents
from around the
globe to work together in taking practical, direct
action to
effectively disrupt the summit, expressing our
solidarity in
action. We are calling for an assembly of anarchists
and anti-
authoritarians in Edinburgh on July 3rd to coordinate
action
specifically against the opening day of the Summit on
July 6th, and
also to facilitate other anti-authoritarian activity
over 4th-8th
July. We see this assembly organising horizontally and
without
hierarchy, in a way which enables everyone to
participate.

We have no desire to lobby those in power; we do not
want a seat at
their table. We stand in opposition to their very
existence. In a
world where eight men can affect the lives of millions
- causing
untold destruction and suffering - the freedom,
autonomy and self-
organisation we are struggling for can never exist.
The G8 was
created to allow capitalism to show a unified face
against great
opposition, to gloss over the cracks caused by popular
resistance.
It is the system behind this mask that we aim to
destroy -
capitalism.

During the G8 summit, we can collectively focus our
struggles,
allowing us to share our power of resistance and
realise aspects of
the new world we hold in our hearts. Around the planet
these
struggles take many forms - from opposing
international
institutions, corporations, the nation state, or
government from
the highest level to oppression in our schools,
workplaces and in
our communities. They come from diverse places and
experiences, but
they are unified in resistance.

As we make this callout, we are full of hope.
Opposition to their
destructive system has been constant. In recent years
summit
protests have made it impossible for those in power to
claim
legitimacy as representatives of the people. Every
wall they throw
up around their 'red zones', every police act of
repression and
every ridiculous scare story in the media confirms
that their time
is ending and our time is coming! On July 3rd we will
meet, discuss
and plan, so that on July 6th the 2005 G8 summit never
starts.

We invite you to get involved. To contribute to the
discussions at
the Assembly, let us know you're planning to come and
if you can
provide translators, please contact us at
"aaa_assembly at hushmail.com" and we'll send you more
details.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Love & Rage,

Anarchist/Anti-Authoritarian Assembly

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of
imagination"
- Oscar Wilde