[g8-sheffield] SWPie

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Jun 30 01:33:08 BST 2005

Quoting Dan <dan at aktivix.org>:

> Can someone please work out some device that stops me writing e-mails
> when I'm drunk?  Maybe getting so rdnku htta I catn tpey...?

funny you should say that ... we were just discussing it in the pub a few
minutes ago

Some sort of USB device you blow in before pressing send. Quick patent that
idea.. perhaps it could use Bluetooth to connect to your phone or car or pc.

"A device and accompanying software to assess the competency and capability of
an individual to use a piece of communications equipment by measuring their
intoxication against a customisable range of responses"

hmm perhaps i need one too. Do the SWP have a view on Intellectual Property and
Software Patents ? Other than its a symbol of the degeneration of late capital
?

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily