[g8-sheffield] Anyone want to help with G8 school workshops?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Wed Mar 9 17:16:01 GMT 2005

Hallo all,

Some of us are currently plotting to go into schools to run workshops
for 13-16 year-olds, around the themes that the G8 ministers will be
discussing in Sheffield: terrorism, immigration, and global war and peace.

DECSY (Development Education Centre SY) are helping: they need a list of
names this week for criminal checks (!) before we can go into schools.
So anyone interested - get back to me quick!

Thence, I shall keep you posted on progress.  We're thinking of meeting
this weekend to plot precisely how to formulate the workshops, so anyone
who wants to join in, let me know.

p.s. We'll also be going to run a workshop around these themes with the
2K group at Burton Street Project on the 18th April.  These are kids
with various learning disabilities.  Apparently, they're really keen to
get stuck in to global issues.  Volunteers?

See ya,

Dan