[g8-sheffield] What the f**k!?

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Mar 29 00:27:03 BST 2005

By God!  Er... have I read this sentence correctly?

It's in a section of the March 2005 US Defence Strategy marked 'our
vulnerabilities'.

"Our strength as a nation state will continue to be challenged by those
who employ a strategy of the weak using international fora, judicial
processes, and terrorism."

Have I read that wrong, or is it lumping due process and terrorism into
one blob... 'strategy of the weak.???'

Eh???

http://globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/dod/nds-usa_mar2005.htm

Note also sentences like "Crises related to political stability and
governance will pose significant security challenges. Some of these may
threaten fundamental interests of the United States, requiring a
military response."

Well, that's vague enough to cover anything, then...

Dan