[g8-sheffield] Reasonable dimocracy

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:24:29 BST 2005

I would go so far as to suggest that although making the symbolic
gesture of contacting them is nice to do, its not worth getting hung up
on it because it is a process that we do go through semi-regularly,
without much effect, and their answers are largely predictable.
Certainly, they have already demonstrated an unwillingness to even
create a channel for us to send them the invitation in the first place
at previous events (eg. Derby) this year. I think that it is reasonable
to assume that our 'democratic leaders' are well aware that we would
like to have input, and would be more than capable of inviting us if
they wanted to. Certainly, within the democratic model we are supposed
to have, one would really think that the responsibility should lie more
in their court than ours, as they should have a duty to listen to their
constituency.

Chris