[g8-sheffield] Workshop offer

Jenny Patient jenny.patient at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 22 15:19:18 BST 2005

Hi,

Annie Neligan and myself are offering a workshop for the counter-conference, provisionally called "Thinking about Security".

Our preferred timeslot is Thursday afternoon (Annie, this is 1pm-3pm is that OK for you?), or we could probably do an alternative one, but need to avoid Thurs am and Fri pm.

The workshop will look positively at what makes people and societies secure, and explore links to power, democracy and migration. We will celebrate security as a resource that is not scarce (because my security increases yours), and think about what we can do to promote real security in the face of the politics of fear.

Cheers
Jennny