[g8-sheffield] Bad News?

Jay Baker jaybaker at mediaactivist.com
Tue May 24 14:41:47 BST 2005

Hey everyone. I've been following this list for a while and just felt compelled to finally say a few things.

Firstly, it's a great job everyone's doing. Secondly, as a media activist I'll be there on the demonstrations filming the events for documentation purposes as well as to play Big Brother to Big Brother (in other words, any wrongful arrests, or anything, and hopefully I'll have it all on camera...the filming on previous protests, particularly in Genoa, has proved to be quite valuable in terms of documenting some of the atrocities of the police).

Finally, I find it disgusting to see that the police are (likely instructed from high above as well) trying to wrongfully prevent our democratic right to protest. Indeed, this whole situation has highlighted the very point of the protest itself! Therefore, I'd strongly support any publicity being created around this, as well as going to the press. Also, if you're all okay with it, I'd like to write a piece on my own website about it as well.

Thanks for reading, and keep up the good work. You people rule (like the book says, you are G8, we are 6 million!)

http://www.mediaactivist.com