[g8-sheffield] Good and bad protesters

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Mon May 30 14:29:30 BST 2005

I think the problem is a clear difference of political beliefs. The
NGO's think they can change things by working with the government and
inside the system whereas others see the government/capitalist system
as the problem.

How hostile are these groups to Dissent etc. anyway? One way would be
to contact them directly if they put out any negative statements about
us.

Also I it's a mistake to confuse 'normal people' with groups like MPH.
They're not the same and any views expressed by MPH are no more
connected to the views of ordinary people than those of Dissent or any
other groups.

I think Dissent and anticapitalist actions will inevitably be heavily
slated by a pro capitalist media. This is actually better than not
being ignored by the press because it does at least mean we are
visible and powerful enough to worry them.

steve