[g8-sheffield] Re: Good and bad protesters

adriana hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Tue May 31 01:29:06 BST 2005

"¡Barbaros, las ideas no se matan!"
(Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, President of Argentina in the XIXs)

Schoolchildren were learning this famous phrase and i continued
believing it: that's the risk of teaching famous statements to children.

Now,  what may happen and how things might evolve?
Yet the present is but the fruit from the past: these things have
already happened here in Sheffield, somewhat.
There have been good and bad protesters before.

> WORKING PRINCIPLES
>
> 1.      We give unconditional support to anyone arrested as a result
> of participation in protests or actions against the G8. We are not
> the judge and jury of the validity or otherwise of the tactics of
> protesters.

Couldn't it be possible to say that whoever agrees to this principle
would be regarded as a "bad" protester by g8-sheffield dissent?

Then where are they supposed to go?
Then why the name "sheffield dissent" if in disagreement with the
Dissent working principle ?

Thanks

amp