[g8-sheffield] Stop Turkish and Iranian attacks on Kurds

stuart crosthwaite stuartqqqq at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 2 17:50:19 BST 2006

Dear All

  The Kurdish Community Centre have called for a protest this Saturday 6th May at 12noon Peace Gardens Sheffield.

  We want to protest against the recent (little publicised) military attacks by Turkey and Iran against Kurds living in Iraq near the respective borders of these countries. A number of civilians have been killed along with militants from the Kurdish guerilla organisation, the PKK.

  Using heavy artillery and thousands of troops, both Turkish and Iranian Governments are stepping up these attacks, hoping that other events in Iraq will shield them from attention and condemnation. To find out more about these events see www.kurdmedia.com

  The Stop the War Coalition have called for a demonstration on the same day at 1pm at the City Hall to protest against the planned attack on Iran by the US and UK Governments. We hope that you can support both events.

  For your information the Kurdish Community Centre can be contacted by phone on 2795318 or email at kurdishcentre at yahoo.co.uk

  Thanks
  Stuart Crosthwaite (KCC)