[g8-sheffield] FW:Support Proper Funding For Rape Crisis

Jason Leman lejasonman at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 20:47:20 GMT 2008

We commend the invaluable work of Rape Crisis in bringing much needed support to people affected by sexual violence often years after the offences have taken place. We note with sadness that in 1984 there were 68 affiliated members of Rape Crisis (England and Wales) but now there are just 38. We believe this is a failure of successive administrations and endorse the New Statesman's campaign to secure proper funding from the government so existing Rape Crisis centres can continue their work and that new centres can open:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RapeCrisis.