[hackspacebristol] Ferrofluid

Chocolate Jon chocojon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 23 07:22:07 UTC 2011

To Merlin and anyone else that's interested,

Was looking around and found that you can get 300g of Ferrofluid for £80
which is cheaper than the $1 per 1 ml that I remember being told.
Source:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/300g-Ferrofluid-magnetic-liquid-neodymium-magnets-/350
437073292?pt=UK_BOI_Medical_Lab_Equipment_Lab_Supplies_ET&hash=item5197ad618

But that isn't the Hackspace way so here is a way you can make your own
Ferrofluid (well, liquid magnet since ferrofluid might be a trademark or
something):
http://chemistry.about.com/od/demonstrationsexperiments/ss/liquidmagnet.htm
It may not be as good or much different in price but I thought that you
might be interested.

Hope that helps,
Jon