[hackspacebristol] Ferrofluid

Chocolate Jon chocojon at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 23 09:47:30 UTC 2011

Regrettably, I find things to build / links on the Internet and not worry
too much about the details. I don't have a fume cupboard but I think we
could build one with the stuff around Hackspace. I'm thinking Perspex front,
wooden walls, stove heater type thing, big fan and a fair bit of ingenuity.

The reason for the link was that some new people arrived on the last
Hackspace and expressed an interest in making something with Ferrofluid (if
I remember correctly). Something along these lines:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5Zzm2TXh4

One thing that the new people did organise was cornflour and water on a
loudspeaker cone to look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zoTKXXNQIU
Didn't work optimally but it was pretty close to that considering the speed
with which it was made.

Jon