[hackspacebristol] Celeron PCs accessing the BIOS

Joe Of Loath monkeyofasia at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:44:18 UTC 2011

There is also a jumper on the motherboard to reset the BIOS. Called
'Reset_CMOS' or something, it's next to the battery. Power up with the pins
bridged, and it'll reset.

My friend has one of these motherboards and didn't notice this nifty
feature. He booted from CD by unplugging the hard drive, turning the PC on,
and REALLY QUICKLY plugging it back in while Ubuntu booted. Apparently it
worked.