[hackspacebristol] hackspace admin stuff

hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 21:20:50 UTC 2011

matthew venn wrote:
> 1/- I got the scrap metal pile picked up and removed.

  Many thanks.

> 2/- I've been offered a large industrial type chest of drawers; about 1.5m
> tall, 1m wide and 0.5m deep with only 4 draws in. How about we sort the big
> pile by the double door and stick what we want into the drawers? Sound
> good? If so I can get the drawers delivered in the next couple of weeks.

  Those dimensions should fit by the back door nicely.  I say go for it.

> 3/- The weller soldering iron I bought off ebay is temperature controlled,
> but the oldschool magnetic bit type. Is it OK to put this on the expenses
> and tick it off on our want list or is it not good enough for folks who
> wanted the more easy dial type control) weren't that impressed.

  Sounds good to me (I think old's-cool magnetic bits might turn out to be far more reliable anyway).

> 4/- I've bought a CNC router (made by routoutuk) it has a bed size of 50cm2
> with a z of 8cm. It's going to live in the studio next door, all going
> well. I'll be happy to give training and make it available for trained
> hackspace members.

  Great.

  I know you didn't mention the next Arduino workshop but I'm wondering if this would be better to do in January.  I can't make any weekends in November and people start getting all festive and unavailable in December.  January however, they're all at a loose-end.  Can't remember what the Doodle URL is (can you put it on bristol.hackspace.org.uk/wiki ?)

  Cheers,
    Tarim