[hackspacebristol] Surface Table

hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 15:35:06 UTC 2011

  There is a large "surface table" in the _old_ Pervasive Media Studio (Leadworks) which is going free or going to be dumped.  It's basically a very large touch screen.  Do we want it for the Hackspace?  I think the touch part on the screen works, but I'm not sure the screen itself displays properly (might be fixable).  It's got a meaty power supply, and probably reasonable motherboard, hard drive etc.

  It needs transport (van or estate car).  And it needs breaking down to parts when it get to the hackspace as it's too large to leave lying around in one piece.  Anyone interested enough to provide transport?

  On the subject of the wiki <http://bristol.hackspace.org.uk/wiki>.  Wiki's only work if you just "go for it".  If you ask whether pages should be created then nothing will happen.  If you go ahead and create stuff then you will start the ball rolling.  Don't be precious about it - it's a communal scratchpad for everyone to scribble on.

  Cheers,
    Tarim