[hackspacebristol] vat invoice for the arduino workshop?

hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk hackspace at altern8.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 22:33:42 UTC 2011

matthew venn wrote:
> was wondering if someone could help me out with this. A participant from the
> arduino workshop wants a VAT receipt for the workshop. I checked the
> eventwax site and there is nothing on there about VAT receipt.
>
> Should I just make up a receipt on behalf of the hackspace? Has someone done
> something like this before? Any help appreciated!

  As others have pointed out, we can't give a VAT receipt because we're not VAT registered.  We can give a receipt, which people may be able to put against tax.  Hackspace finances are handled through a not-for-profit, limited company called "Bristol Open Technology Lab" so the receipt should come from that.  We can go through it tomorrow if you're in.

  It might be worth noting for the future, that if people want to claim back VAT on the Arduino starter kits they need to buy them direct from Oomlaut (who are VAT registered and can provide a VAT receipt).

  Cheers,
    Tarim