[hackspacebristol] Unlocking an iphone 3g

David Henshall david_henshall at lineone.net
Thu Jul 26 13:15:37 UTC 2012

Hi

Does anybody have any experience of jail-breaking an iphone3g?

I'd like to bring along a phone to unlock tonight.
I understand that this is legal. If it isn't then maybe it's not a project for the hackspace.
Alternatively advice along the lines of 'this is what some people to' would be helpful.

There is an app on Cydia that enables an iphone to be displayed on a large screen.

It would be interesting to see how this could be hooked up to a wireless bluetooth keyboard to turn the phone into a desktop pc.

I'll pop by the hackspace tonight. Not sure what the turnout will be with this glorious weather.