[hackspacebristol] arduino workshop helpers! Barney, Kaspar, Tarim, Patrick, Anton, Steve B and Jon

Chocolate Jon chocojon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 6 18:07:44 UTC 2012

Right. I've been playing around with the Arduino as an ISP. I have been
having quite a few issues with the "ArduinoISP" sketch that was released
with Arduino 1.0. After a fair bit of searching around, checking
everything several times and faffinf almost endlessly, I've managed to
get both Arduino 0022 and Arduino 1.0 to work with the ISP sketch (main
thing: download version 04 from the google code repository). I think
that this is just a very minor issue which most people won't ever see.
So, apologies for the confusion.

TL;DR version: I was wrong. You can get Arduino 1.0 to work as ISP with
an Arduino Uno. I just needed to get the right add-on bit of software.

I do slightly prefer the 1.0 interface over the 0022 interface and for
the workshop, I think we should use the 1.0 environment (0022 also says
it's alpha whereas 1.0 is a full release).

Sorry for any confusion there. I'll go back to eating humble pie.
Jon