[hackspacebristol] Botlab Nominations to Stand fo the Board

David Henshall david_henshall at lineone.net
Sat Apr 6 16:05:56 UTC 2013

On 2 Apr 2013, at 19:46, Tarim wrote:

>  You can make your intention to stand known by informing David Wyatt up
> until the election itself.  It would be helpful if people announce their
> intentions earlier (on this list, for example) but not necessary for
> them to do so.

Having had a chat on Thursday, David Wyatt is checking the a couple of details with Hilary Sudbury (the cooperative adviser who drafted the constitution).
I gather that David will announce further details about elections soon.

>  The voting will be for each candidate: for the candidate to be elected,
> against the candidate to be elected and abstentions.  The candidate will
> be elected if there are more "for" votes than "against" votes
> irrespective of how many abstentions there are.
Apologies, I'm not sure I understand this can it be worded another way?

>  You've read the constitution more than I have so perhaps you could say
> if we need a proposer and seconder for each candidate?  Or if anyone
> wants this - then we can do so.

No proposer or seconder is required, there is no mention of this in the constitution.

David H