[hackspacebristol] new cards (still no keys)

Mike Harris mike at mbharris.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 12:48:26 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013 13:37, matthew venn wrote:
> sorry Paul, I saw your post and meant to reply to you specifically as
> well.
> I'm not fully sure what we do with the deposit money or where it
> should go. As far as I know we don't have a system in place.
>
> David or Mike, do you have an opinion with where the money should go?
> Perhaps a separate key deposit account?
>
> Hopefully the keys will be here by Thursday.
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I did email on this before I think.

All we need to do is to desposit the money in our bank account but to
keep a record of it.  This record can be a simple spreadsheet with
columns Name, Deposit Amount, Date Received, Date Returned.  This ought
to be kept up to date by our membership secretary, if we have one?  but
whoever keeps the record of members.  Who is this?  Anyone it needs to
be kept up to date and on-line: just uploading it to our WP install will
be fine.  It needs to be accessible when someone returns a key (fine if
one person is responsible for managing it) and also be up to date for
whoever does the books at the end of the year.

Cheers,

Mike.