[hackspacebristol] Once a month idea

Michelle Michelle at flaminglotus.com
Fri Apr 12 09:44:49 UTC 2013

Hi there folks.

I had fun talking to some people who just turned up and wanted to find out
a bit more.  they were pretty excited and it seemed like they were up for
signing up right away.  Fingers crossed.

I have an idea I have wanted to do for a while.  Basically, I am
an instructables fan, like a lot of us are I'm sure.  I get the email and
there are always things I'd like to do but for many procrastinating reasons
I don't do them.

Is there any interest in setting up a once a month project night?  Where we
take a smallish project that is manageable in a few hours, pre-planned so
we have the required bits and bobs and have collected all the tools
required to put it together.

We could try to make things that enhance the hackspace in some way,
shelves?   a disco ball that spins when someone tweets the doorbell?  a
bookshelf for around the new space with laser cut brackets?    I recently
did some silicone casting of nuts and bolts and made chocolate nuts and
bolts.  They even thread together!  Maybe not hackspace relevant but not
previously in my skill set.  Just for fun.

Everyone could submit an idea for something to be done and we could vote on
it.  This would bring together different skill sets and help others catch
up on other skills sets.

Obviously, as I'm suggesting it I would take on most of the organising it
but would need some help and support, especially where the project is geek
heavy.  The costs would be project dependent.

Thanks for reading.

Michelle ;)

--
* *
*http://makerfairebristol.com/* <http://makerfairebristol.com/>

My art discoveries, musings and work to provoke or tickle the mind:
http://urbandrift1.com <http://urbandrift1.wordpress.com/>

Making large scale fire and metal art with Flaming Lotus Girls
www.flaminglotus.com

We cannot discover new oceans until we have courage to lose sight of the
shore.